It is our vision to be a unified body of believers who usher in and bring people into the presence of the Lord. We desire every believer to be equipped and empowered with the truth of the Gospel, so they can be sent out to win our city for Christ.
- The Bible is the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God (John 16:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 Thessalonians 2:13).
- There is on God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10-11; Matthew 28:18; Luke 3:22; l John 14:16).
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John1:1, 14, 20:28-29; Philippians 2:6-11; Isaiah 9:6; Colossians 2:9).
- In His virgin birth (Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:34-35; Isaiah 7:14).
- In His sinless life (2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15, 7:26-27; 1 John 3:5; 1 Peter 2:22).
- In His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (Colossians 1:14, 20; Romans 5:8-9; Ephesians 1:7).
- In His bodily resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Luke 24:4-7; 36-48; Revelation 1:17-18).
- In His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Acts 2:23; 5:30-31; 1 Peter 3:22).
- In His personal return in power and in glory (Acts 1:11; Philippians 2:9-11; 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 4:13-18, John 14:1-3).
- That justification by faith in the atonement of Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man (Romans 3:24-25; John 3:3-7; 1 John 5:11-13; Ephesians 2:1-16; Revelation 5:9; Acts 4:12; 1 Corinthians 6:11).
- The prime agency for the work of God’s kingdom is the Christian local church functioning under the sovereignty of our Lord Jesus Christ. To the church have been entrusted the ordinances of believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Supper (Acts 2:42-47, 16:4-5; Matthew 16:18; 28:18-20; Ephesians 1:22-23; 1 Corinthians 12; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26).
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit which includes: the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience distinct from regeneration: His indwelling, by which the Christian is enabled to live a godly life; His supernatural gifting and empowering of the church for its work, life and worship (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8. 2:1-4. 10:44-46; 1 Corinthians 2, 14).
- In a lifestyle and practice of ethical conduct and integrity consistent with the character of Jesus Christ and biblical standards (Romans 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 4:13-32; 1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-11; 2:11-13; 3:9-11; 1 Peter 1:13-16).
- In the return of Jesus Christ, to consummate His Kingdom, in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29; Mark 14:62; 2 Thessalonians 1:2-10; Revelation 1:5-7; Revelation 20:4-5, 11-12).
- In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. ( John 17:11, 21-23; Romans 12:4-5; Ephesians 4:11-16).
The Evangelistic Missionary Fellowship functions on the principle of voluntary cooperation in all matters of faith and practice. This includes the manner in which this statement is applied in various local churches. The statement represents a consensus, but its use as a means of identification will vary. Our principles allow for such latitude.